Aging and Home and Community-Based Waiver Services may be available to Pennsylvanians over the age of 60 to enable them to continue to live in their homes and communities with support and services.
To be eligible for the Aging Waiver, you must:
- Be a resident of Pennsylvania
- Be a U.S. citizen or a qualified non-citizen
- Have a Social Security Number
- Be 60 years of age or older
- Meet the required level of care for a Skilled Nursing Facility
- Meet the financial requirements as determined by your local County Assistance Office
Aging Waiver Services
The following is a list of services available through the Aging Waiver Program that may be available to you:
- Adult Daily Living Services
- Community Transition Services
- Counseling Services
- Environmental Modifications
- Financial Management Services
- Home Delivered Meals
- Home Health Services
- Non-Medical Transportation Services
- Participant-Directed Goods and Services
- Participant-Directed Community Supports
- Personal Assistance Services
- Personal Emergency Response System
- Respite Services
- Service Coordination
- Specialized Medical Equipment and Supplies
There is no cap on the services that Aging Waiver participants receive, no cost-sharing, and no contributions allowed.
In order to qualify for Aging Waiver services, you must meet eligibility requirements. This includes a level of care assessment and a determination of financial eligibility.
Need More Information?
For more information or to make a referral, contact the Agency’s Information and Assistance Unit at 1-800-734-9603. Visit Information and Assistance Unit
Southwestern PA Area Agency on Aging, Inc.
305 Chamber Plaza
Charleroi, PA 15022